Native Prairie Sod
Get rolling on your restoration!
Looking to accelerate your restoration project? Native prairie sod is the perfect solution. It provides fast establishment, excellent erosion control, is easy to install, and it requires minimal upfront maintenance.
First things first. What is native sod?
MNL’s native prairie sod is just what it sounds like: a fantastic pre-grown native prairie full of grasses, sedges, and wildflowers all rolled up and delivered to your site, ready to take root. MNL can provide native sod for sites that range from 1,000 square feet up to over an acre in size, and can grow a variety of sod options from upland prairies to rain gardens and wetlands.
Why use Native Prairie Sod?
Benefits of Native Prairie Sod include:
- Fast establishment with plants becoming rooted within days.
- Immediate erosion control with no exposed soil.
- Easy to install; similar to traditional turf sod.
- Minimal maintenance required once installed.
- Adaptability to various site conditions: full sun, shade, wet and dry areas.
- Instant habitat for pollinators.
- Cost competitive as compared to erosion control blanket and plug planting.
Installation & Delivery Services Available
Let MNL take your project from planning to prairie FAST by growing the sod, delivering it to the site, and professionally installing and watering!
Custom Grown Sod Available
Grown and harvested on MNL farms, prairie sod is available in Upland Short & Showy Prairie Mix (2-3 feet high) and Sedge Meadow (2-4 feet high). Custom prairie sod mixes are available for projects of at least 5,000 square feet. Orders placed by March 30 can be available later the same year, as soon as August 1.