My Pocket Prairie
Our complete do-it-yourself pollinator garden kit is the perfect holiday gift for your favorite gardener.
MPP is now a fall order exclusive item! Only available October 1st through January 1st.
Hardware bundles will begin shipping early December. Plants will be shipped at the end of May 2024.
Order before December 17 to ensure delivery before the Holidays.
My Pocket Prairie
My Pocket Prairie is a beautiful way to make a big impact in a little bit of space. Plant native plants that will mature into a stunning little piece of beneficial native prairie in your yard.
Buy one for yourself, or send as a prairie-perfect gift to a friend, loved one, or native gardening enthusiast! **Please note in the note section at checkout which address you would like the Hardware kit shipped to if sending as a gift**
My Pocket Prairie is available in four different size and layout configurations. See layout maps below for each size.
Each 5ft. x5ft. square includes 27 plugs, 3 plugs each of these species:
Asclepias incarnata – Swamp Milkweed
Dalea purpurea – Purple Prairie Clover
Echinacea angustifolia – Narrow-leaved Coneflower
Eryngium yuccifolium – Rattlesnake Master
Liatris ligulistylis – Meadow Blazing Star
Penstemon gracilis – Slender Penstemon
Schizachyrium scoparium – Little Bluestem
Solidago nemoralis – Gray Goldenrod
Symphyotrichum oolentangiense – Sky-blue Aster
How it works:
1. Order online. Orders placed before December 17 will have installation hardware boxes shipped in early December to you or a recipient of your choice in time for holiday gift giving.
2. Once spring arrives and weather allows, follow the hardware installation instructions and prepare the garden space.
3. Plants will be sent in late May 2024 to place in the garden and grow a beautiful native habitat! You will be notified via email prior to plants being shipped.
Why install your hardware before the plants arrive? Gardeners will gain a head on the growing season by preparing the project site ahead of time. The hardware kit will have everything you need for installation, including a weed-suppressing mat, galvanized edging, and a garden sign. By installing the weed-suppressing mat early, the turf below will smother, making the plant bed extra cozy and welcoming for the plants when they arrive.
Layout maps for the different My Pocket Prairie sizes:
The full MPP installation bundle includes:
- Native perennial plants – automatically shipped in Spring
- Each 5’x5′ square comes with 27 native plants, 3 plugs each of 9 different species
- 5’x5′ biodegradable Weed Suppressant Mat with stenciled plant layout
- Corrugated Metal Edging
- Yard Sign & wooden stakes
- Wood stakes and shims for edging install
- Metal staples for securing the mat
- All necessary hardware, screws, and bolts
- Instruction booklet outlining the installation process and information about your plants